Wednesday, June 4, 2014

War is Over

So as a new Star Wars movie increasingly draws nearer and the nerds have their wallets out (as always), I recently found myself trying to get my copy of TIE Fighter working purely to enjoy one of the many games that escaped my notice the first time around.

I didn't succeed which is indeed a shame because I heard a lot of good things about this game - in the form of fighting for the Empire in the name of Lawful Evil and the presence of the legendary Grand Admiral Thrawn. I guess the mystique surrounding TIE Fighter will persist.

What is even more bothersome is that the Star Wars Expanded Universe has now had it's throat slit in the name of new movies on the way. And so TIE Fighter will most likely join the rest of the EU to die. Therefore it seems doubtful that TIE Fighter will ever get an appropriate re-release. I suppose it would be too much to ask that this game gets dusted off for Steam (like Knights of the Old Republic did) or something, which is indeed a waste as I bet lot's of people would like to play TIE Fighter - whether it be for the first time or the five hundredth time.

No comments:

Post a Comment