Monday, June 30, 2014

To be this good takes Ages

Following on from an earlier post, today I downloaded Radiant Silvergun and had a bash at it. I didn’t last long, which is unsurprising for an arcade shooter, but I was impressed with the number of shooting abilities on offer. Needless to say, this warrants further investigation.

What is of particular note is that with the purchase of Radiant Silvergun, the number of Sega games (as in either made by Sega or originated on a Sega console) on my XBLA account now reaches eight. It joins the likes of Sonic Adventure, Sonic CD, Ikagura, Soul Calibur, Daytona USA, Nights into Dreams and Guardian Heroes. Now whilst it may not sound like much it still represents a third of the games I have downloaded from XBLA.

I suppose having a particular empathy for the Sega games is a holdover from my days as a Sega fanboy. I guess once you’re a fanboy you’re one for life and you can never truly escape such a fate. However other reasons behind such an empathy exist in the form of:
  • Perhaps playing Sega games on the Xbox it is a firm indication of Microsoft's replacing of Sega in the Console race
  • Or maybe it is more of a case of finally playing games that I have previously only been able to admire from afar.
But most likely there is still the faint glimmer of hope that if Sega games are being brought maybe a miracle may happen and we’ll finally see a re-release of Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shining Force 3.

But what are the odds of the happening, amIrite?

No comments:

Post a Comment