Friday, August 9, 2013

Hail to the Chief

As many World of Warcraft players would know, a poll has been circulating asking, in light of recent events, who will be the new Warchief of the Horde?
Whilst I like the idea of offering the players a chance to make a decision that will ultimately shape World of Warcraft in a major way, I have doubts it will actually work in that fashion. In my research, I’ve found that the real antagonists in Azeroth are the Orcs, Humans, Undead and Night Elves – everyone else is bound by alliance. Whilst I like the idea of having a member of an ‘ally’ race leading the Horde it won’t work because a) the players of the other races may cry foul that their favorite wasn’t selected and b) having a non-Orc Warchief would be moving away from familiarity and towards the weird.

Still I voted for Vol’jin – not because I actually care but I personally like the idea of the Horde being led by someone who speaks in a Rastafarian accent.

1 comment:

  1. agreed, I voted Vol'jin as well, cos he's a pretty cool character

    ReplyDelete