Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Fire up the Engine

I've been saying a lot of positive things about the classic Amiga game The Chaos Engine within this blog. Well it would seem that it's making a comeback. Starting next week, a new version of the Chaos Engine will be touching down on Steam and other platforms.
However this is not a complete remake but instead a restoration - it's the original game but with a new coat of paint.

Well I'm happy with this news: I loved the game and it's great to see it get a new lease of life. I just hope that the people may be inspired to check it out with the praises I've been heaping on it. I don;t know if Abstraction Games know if this blog exists but it would be nice to think that they do - for the romantics amongst us at least.

Still I do long for the day that someone does a full-blown remake - seriously the six PCs have enough personality to justify a full-blown script and voice acting, But who knows? A restoration may be a step in the right direction......

No comments:

Post a Comment