Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Paying up

Today I did some calculating up and found out that I've spent under thirty dollars on Star Trek Online.

Not a bad amount invested on a FTP game.

I suppose it is a good thing though that I've kept track of this figure. If anything, it's a necessary restriction when facing down a MMORPG - if you lose track of how much money you've spent on it, then maybe you're in a dangerous position. I hate to think how much money I've blown on World of Warcraft or Elder Scrolls Online but no doubt both amounts are somewhere in the three digits.

And considering how much money I've spent on games that have ultimately gone unplayed then maybe such a restriction is more important than I realize.

2 comments:

  1. I thought after WoW you weren't getting into any more MMORPGs? (other than ESO)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i thought I'd take a look at Star Trek Online and before you know it, that look turned into eighty-one hours.

    Which in turn makes for a convincing case as to why I shouldn't play MMORPGs.

    ReplyDelete