Monday, August 26, 2013

Eureka

Recently I've been playing Command and Conquer Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge (there's a mouthful for you).

I've played, and thoroughly enjoyed Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 numerous times but Yuri's Revenge seems more an area of contention. An area that makes it more like a bastard child. Whereas I enjoyed the cutscenes in the original game, in Yuri's Revenge the actors seem tired and lacking in enthusiasm - That and Tanya's no longer a redhead! What the Hell?!

I don't like the soundbytes either - somehow having different voices for the tanks units doesn't seem to sit well with me. I can't put my finger on it but to different soundbytes for familiar vehicles seems unsettling - like a psychotic axe murderer who's disguising himself as a friend. I'm not too fond of the difficulty either - Gatling Tanks? Gatling Cannons? Well fuck you too!

Nevertheless, playing Yuri's Revenge now, after a long absence, has done little to change my opinion of it. Didn't like it then and I don't like it now.
Guess you can't win them all

No comments:

Post a Comment