Friday, March 7, 2014

Facing Oblivion

Recently I decided to have another crack at Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

Oblivion and myself have a love/hate relationship: Sometimes I like it and other times I feel frustrated with it. As such there are tremendous gaps in between playing sessions.
I guess it is the reputation of the game that has put me off: Yes this has been a big seller, yes it commands many fans (although many of them would've transferred allegiance to Skyrim), and its importance as being the progenitor of purchasable DLC can't be overlooked. That's a pretty big deal to say the least. If anything, if Oblivion was a person it would be, for me, a massive giant looking down at me like a little insect.

But no matter: I have played some more of Oblivion - however it didn't take long before I was reminded what put me off playing it previously: You see, my character died. But I tried a second time and I died again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again....

This however is a common trap i fall into with RPGs where I lose hit points quicker than I can get them back. Still, it's not much of reason to give up completely.

We'll meet again soon Oblivion, mark my words....

1 comment:

  1. LOLOLOL!!! Pretty bad excuse for not playing, "you keep dying." There is such a thing, on most games, Oblivion included, called a difficulty setting...

    ReplyDelete