Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Live at the BBC

Can't say I'm avid watcher of Lets Play videos but this one made me laugh:


I remember playing this game during my primary school years (1987-1993) upon the ancient computer, the BBC. Indeed, it's always fascinating to find out that many people working in IT now made a start through playing this game.
But it's kinda funny to look at something you once enjoyed as a child through the eyes of an adult: What once may have come across as compelling now comes across as downright weird. Thus it becomes clear that there is a lot of weird stuff going on in this game - as the LP so eloquently points out. Why, even now I still have no idea what the hell is going on in the Castle of Dreams section. In addition, whilst the game may have been intended as an educational program, I'm still puzzled as to exactly where such educational value is in this game.

Mind you, kids these days grew up playing the likes of Ocarina of Time. Wonder what they think of it now...oh wait it's been re-released for the 3DS. Never mind then.

No comments:

Post a Comment