Friday, May 11, 2012

Battling on

This week I wanted to take a break from my hours in WoW - so I headed for the long-neglected Wii to give it some lovin'. And what did I do with it? Fire up the Virtual Console and have another bash at Ogre Battle 64.

I've spoken of playing through Ogre Battle 64 in the past and this time it's the first time in a long time. My main grip with Ogre Battle 64, that lead me to abandon it previously, was that I was having trouble with the class system: There were lot's of lovely classes on offer but I couldn't get to any of them for some unspecified reason. Lack of experience to upgrade? Not enough alignment? I don't know. Needless to say, with such weaker classes, I kept getting creamed by the enemy!
But with some patience (not to mention some leveling up with the training feature) I was able to upgrade my army in awesome fashion. More paladins? Yes please!

Funny thing with playing Ogre Battle 64 is that problem of quantity vs quality. Currently I have a large army consisting of thirteen units - but only half of them are any good. There are some I always use and always kick a lot of arse but the rest perform under par. More often than not, these stragglers either a) have low levels, b) get flattened in combat with little effort from the opposition or c) suffer from me not having a clue what to do with them. Indeed, some of my lesser performing units are the one's I really want to improve (one such unit is one of dragons).
I've tried to find answer to build the best unit through numerous internet searches but most of them concentrate on building a singular unit rather than several. But perhaps there is no proper answer to that question - and if there is one it is something I would need to find for myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment