Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Invisible Man

So I've had my first real experience with Elder Scrolls Online. How did it go?
Well it worked great for the first short while until I faced a recurring problem: The enemies dsappeared completely. And so I found myself alone in an empty world: I could not see anything to fight and I found myself being attacked, and killed, by foes I couldn't see. Even logging out and then back in didn't fix the problem.

So we're off to a flying start here. But I suppose any bugs emerging from a newly released game isn't anything new - although such a thing doesn't tend to look good.

Still playing a MMORPG situated in an otherwise empty world does come across as something existential....

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like real life: attacked and killed by foes you can't see. Life mimicking Art - Art mimicking Life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I can tell my 16 year old not to attempt ES online. The boys play ES on computers where there are plenty of options to modify weapons. I call it cheating. They call it creative gaming

    ReplyDelete