Monday, September 6, 2010

Shoot the Runner

I have mixed feelings towards the TV show Good Game (for the uninitiated it's a gaming show on Australian TV). I watch it yes but only becuase it's the only gaming show on TV. As such, the show frequently comes across as a mixture of rubbish and information - indeed, it is a chore to sit through the former just to get to the latter. I look forward to the day that the proposed Game Damage gets the green light but until then, Good Game is all we've got.

Still I'll give Good Game credit: I saw them give a glowing review to the WiiWare game Bit.Trip Runner. Intrigued, I downloaded, had a go at it and found it very much to my liking. It may seem quite daft, in that resembles an Atari 2600 game but the idea of collecting power-ups to build a tune is a strong one and here it works great. Sure some of the jumping may be frustrating (particularly when it sends you back to the beginning of the level!) but Bit.Trip Runner certainly has a lot going for it.

So yes - Bit.Trip Runner is a good game (for lack of a better choice of words).

No comments:

Post a Comment