Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Bug Hunt

Recently I beat the Alien vs Predator arcade game for the first time.

It is an unusual thing to include an arcade game in the list of games I've beaten. This is due to arcade games being of short experiences (of 1-2 hours max) compared to that of modern games (hours of double/triple digits).
But in the end, Alien vs Predator has aged remarkably well. I recall being enthused about this game when I was a kid and I find, as a adult, it still kicks arse. It's one of the best brawlers of it's day, possibly ever, and a shining example of how to handle a licensed game (if only modern game developers took notice).

Funny thing: As is my understanding, this game was based on a Alien vs Predator movie that never got made. Needles to say, I'm sure glad we got the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment