Friday, September 12, 2014

Cursed

Earlier this week, I managed to get the classic Pool of Radiance working again. I dug up my old save game from 2009 and reacquainted myself with the party I used for countless hours. Having spent so much time with these guys I certainly had a sense of attachment to them and it;s been fun seeing them progress.
That progression however won't be going any further: try as I might, I can not make Curse of the Azure Bonds work in Dos-Box. It is indeed frustrating but nothing i can do can make the game work. So I need to type out some complex commands? Pardon me but isn't that the reason why we originally abandoned DOS?

This is not the first time Curse of the Azure Bonds has failed me. When I played it on the Commodore 64, I kept getting stuck in the Fire Knives guild. When I revisited the game in 2009, I made significant progress before a software failure put an end to that. And now, the game has let me down again, meaning I am unable to see my party progress and see how they go facing tougher monsters.

How fitting it is then that I should such problems with a game that has the word 'Curse' in it's title.

No comments:

Post a Comment