Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Here for your soul

I didn't spend much attention with the annual Steam summer sale. In fact the only thing I got what was the Dawn of War expansion Soulstorm. An odd choice given it's toxic reptutation but there are two reasons as far as I can see:
  1. Sisters of Battle FTW
  2. Having the game in a digital format.
I suppose the second reason may be another step in making the physical format of gaming becoming obsolete, but there is much to be said to have the game forever attached to my Steam account (I have the other Dawn of War game already attached through already owning a physical copy).
Likewise, I no longer have to go through mods and patches to get to the game working as Steam is keeping it going - more so now that the Gamespy servers have shut down completely.

Still it makes you wonder if Dawn of War will still be played in 2024...

No comments:

Post a Comment