Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Knocked Back Down

Jade Empire update:

Alas my triumph over finally beating the Ravager was short-lived. Several fights later and one chapter later, I was trounced in a fight where not only was I knocked down but was completely trampled over.
Yep, it seems that I, once again, had invested all my skill points into the wrong fighting style.

Geez, this game is unforgiving eh? If you don't have enough points in the right fighting style you're completely fucked! And you can't go back and change it either! Nope, you have to go right back to an earlier point in the game and do it. All. Over. AGAIN!

To be honest though, once I completed the Arena guests, the fights that came afterwards (ie the Lotus Assassins Fortress quest) came across as being a breeze in comparison - a sure sign as ever that if I, the player, am growing complacent, then the rug is mere minutes from being pulled under me.
Still I've played Jade Empire enough that giving up now would come across as being a sign of weakness. I will beat you yet, you smug game....

No comments:

Post a Comment