Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Perfect Drug

What is this coming creeping into my sights? Why, it's the latest ad from Sony for the upcoming PS4!:
Original video located here. Accessed 16th October 2013

Despite my contempt for Sony in recent years, I've always enjoyed the ads Sony pumps out. I don't know who the genius is Sony have got in their marketing department but they clearly aren't paying him enough.
As for the ad itself? Well it's entertaining and hilarious. But, being an avid watcher of the Gruen Transfer, I can't help but put a critical eye to this. Thus two things emerge: Firstly, it is kinda off-putting that we have a gaming ad game centered around a song about a heroin addiction.What are we handing the 'gaming as an addiction' activists ammunition?
And secondly, this is a very male dominated commercial. Female gamers do exist you know Sony!

No comments:

Post a Comment