Friday, June 8, 2012

XBLAndering forward

 Some more recent acquisitions for my Xbox (courtesy of XBLA):

Tetris Splash
What can I say? It's Tetris - however with a nuatical theme - and it's still as timeless and addictive as it ever was. My previous version of Tetris can't run on my computer (curse the 64x transition!) so this is a welcome addition in my book.

Daytona USA
The presence of this game seems a bit redundant as I'm not a Xbox Live user but it's still a great game to play - the HD revamp looks great too. And let us not forget that unrelenting refrain of : "Daytooooooonnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!"

Sonic CD
Again, this is nice to have in HD but there's something about this that rubs me the wrong way: Where is the original music?! The original soundtrack to Sonic CD was wonderful enough - which coming from a Mega CD game was hardly surprising - so to hear something completely different is indeed a surprise and an unwelcome one at that. Apparently there is the option to switch between soundtracks but I have yet to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment