Monday, June 18, 2012

Personal Best

Well well well! Look at me, I've made it to 300 posts in this blog! Woot!
Now it's become something of a tradition that whenever I reach 100 posts I have to do something special. Previously I've talked about my favourite heroes so what to do for this time around?

Well, I decided what the hey - I'll compile a list of my favorite games ever!
Yes I' decided I finally sit down and decided which games I've enjoyed in many years of gaming - indeed, this was made to produce a definitive list and not because I had nothing better to rattle on about for my 300th post.
So how I decide upon this list? Well, how many hours I may have sunk into the game, how good a game it was and how big an impact it had upon me. Note that there may be some exclusions (ie Chrono Trigger, Deus Ex and Half Life) which can be explained by a) I have yet to play the game in question or b) I have the game but I have yet to play it enough to form an opinion.
But as always, with this kind of list, this list is based solely on my opinion - ask someone else to compile a list of their favorite games ever and they'll most likely produce something completely different. And as always, I thrive on being different.

Anywho, enough preambling - let's get to the list. So sit back, relax and enjoy.
And I'll hope to see you again when this blog hits the 400 post mark - who knows? Maybe I may have played enough games to build a list of a hundred games....

----------------------

The 50 best games I've ever played:

50. Burnout 3
49. Soul Calibur 3
48. Cannon Fodder
47. Chaos Engine
46. Raiden 2
45. God of War.
44. Final Fantasy 9
43. Final Fantasy 7
42. The Dig
41. Actraiser
40. Bubble Bobble
39. Final Fantasy 10
38. Ogre Battle 64
37. Doom
36. Vendetta
35. Last Ninja 2
34. Command and Conquer: Red Alert
33. Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic
32. Bioshock
31. Dragon Age Origins
30. Metal Slug
29. Alien vs Predator Arcade
28. Pool of Radiance
27. Phantasy Star 4
26. Pharaoh
25. Super Mario bros
24. Sonic the Hedgehog
23. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
22. Shining Force 2
21. Resident Evil 4
20. Skies of Arcadia
19. Super Mario bros 3
18. Heroes of Might and Magic 2
17. Sid Meier's Pirates!
16. Rock Band 2 
15. Starcraft
14. Okami
13. World of Warcraft
12. Super Mario World
11. Secret of Mana
10. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
9. Super Metroid
8. Final Fantasy 6
7. Shadow of the Colossus
6. Civilisation 2
5. Red Dead Redemption
4. Mass Effect 2
3. Baldurs Gate 2
2. Metal Gear Solid
1. Ico

No comments:

Post a Comment