Friday, June 14, 2019

Mana Street Preacher

Here's something that came up recently that was enough to garner my interest: A remake of Seiken Densetsu 3 will be coming to Switch, Steam and PS4 under the name of Trails of Mana. The first three Seiken Densetsu games will also be coming to the Switch under the title of Collection of Mana.

Source

I have no hesitation in declaring Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 2) as one of my favorite games of all time. And I have been interested in checking out the sequel even if such a prospect is easier said than done as it never got an English release. So this should make for some welcome news, right?

If only it were that simple.
For you see, the term remake perturbs me (as always): Secret of Mana got a remake but it got a frosty reception - and I personally thought the visuals looked hideous. To have Trails of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 3) readily available - at long last - may seem appealing but it's not the same game - it's just sporting a new coat of paint. But whether or not that coat is any good is another matter entirely.

So If I want to play Seiken Densetsu 3 it would seem the proposed collection may have appeal. But could this be the trigger that brings me to get a Switch? Only time will tell.....

No comments:

Post a Comment