Monday, April 28, 2014

Lyned Up

Not much to say today except that I've been playing a lot of Lyne lately.

Whilst Steam may have done an incredible amount of work in giving the PC gaming market a shot in the arm (to a point where it has outpaced the console market) there does lie a problem. A problem in the form of little quality control. Why, there are so many games available on Steam that it does become difficult sorting through the rubbish to find something substantial.
So how does my selection of Steam games work? Well I rely solely on word-of-mouth: If I hear about game that is interesting, I will certainly check it out. However occasionally, I will make an otherwise 'blind' purchase in that I will buy a game purely on knowing little about beforehand.

Lyne was such a purchase: I had a 75% discount voucher so I decided to use it. And what I got was indeed a surprise. For the unfamiliar, Lyne is game where the player has to link up shapes together. Now, such a description may make for game that would be better suited on a portable device like an Ipad instead of a desktop computer. But, as is often the case in gaming the simplest ideas are often the best - as such, I have found myself getting a lot more out of Lyne than I have out of any more recent game you care to name. If it sounds absurd, then I suggest you try downloading Lyne and seeing it for yourself. 

Plus Lyne was made by Australians so I encourage you to support Australian game developers!

No comments:

Post a Comment