Wednesday, January 11, 2012

360 problems

Recently I upgraded the 360 I've been using: Now it's one of those flashy slim-line 360 consoles that's sitting proudly next to my TV. So far things have been working great: it's looks flash and and takes up significantly less space than it's predecessor.

But I've noticed an odd little phenomenon: One selling point of the slimline is that runs much more quietly than the other 360s. Whilst I don't doubt this, I did find it interesting that some games I've popped into the system run accompanied by a noise that is loud, obnoxious, and really off-putting - and thus my 360 sounds less like a games console and more like a chainsaw.
Solution? Install the game on the system hard drive and the intrusive sound will disappear.

Whilst I give credit for the silent running as a major selling point, the execution leaves a lot to be desired. Sure the previous 360 made it's fair share of noises but none quite like the loud chainsaw noise. And so far, through installing games on the hard drive, I've taken up more space than the previous 360 - it's as if installing a game on the hard drive is less a benefit and more compulsory. As such this does not sit well with me at all - 'Cheated' doesn't begin to describe it.

But I suppose this is another addition in the list of technical faults that Microsoft have had with the 360. However I have been hearing rumors that a new Xbox may be looming on the horizon - So here's hoping they fix what didn't work previously...

No comments:

Post a Comment