Wednesday, October 12, 2011

True Heroes Live Forever

Here's something that came to my attention recently:



Although I'm still nursing the wounds of betrayal from Sony, I have to admit that this ad is pretty impressive. It's a clever idea to have various video game characters congregate in a bar, sharing stories of their adventures only to salute the man, the player, who went with them every step of the way.

Now I must admit I have gotten attached to characters I play in games - Even I've caught myself playing Legend of Zelda and saying, to Link, 'Come on little Buddy, we can do this!' because really, video gaming is, unlike movies or books, an interactive medium. It makes sense for the player to go on a journey with the dudes on the TV screen and guide their actions every step of the way against near insurmountable odds - only the emerge triumphant bloodied but unbeaten.

And this ad knows this which is why it works so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment