Friday, April 15, 2016

On a Train, I Met a Dame

This year marks the twentieth anniversary of the excellent movie Trainspotting. It also marks an interesting milestone for me: It has been twenty years since I first played the ace multiplayer game Worms.
So what's the connection between Worms and Trainspotting? Well, when I made my first squad of Worms fighters, I named them after characters in Trainspotting (keep in mind though that I, on the account of my age, never saw the movie in the cinema, I just knew the character names as they were displayed on the advertising poster).

And so my Worm team was made up of Begbie, Renton, Sick Boy and Spud. What's even more inane is just how well those names work as Worms fighters XD.

And it's a tradition I maintain to this day: Evey time I start up a Worms te,a it will always be the same four names - much to bewilderment of my opponents in Worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment