Wednesday, February 9, 2011

1000 Words

Still playing Dragon Age....

And since, we're talking Bioware games, a lot is resting on Mass Effect 3 with Bioware's promise that it will be effected by 1000 variables brought up from the previous games. It's ambitious but not without potential.
When I completed my recent ME binge, I played through the Paragon path, with a character imported from the previous game who went through the Paragon path there as well. BUT! At the end, I made the drastic decision and kept the Collector information for the Illusive Man. This, in spite of the 'good' decisions I made earned me the 'bad' ending. So this may make for an interesting outcome for the third game to build upon.

Also, as this is the third game in the series, there raises the issue whether it may be too late for any newcomers to appear, and accompany Shepard. Personally, I feel the loyalty missions were a masterstroke and really enabled me to become attached with all twelve of my dudes. Indeed, it would be shame for someone to hit the reset button (as the opening of ME2 more or less did) and build a new team from scratch. Personally I went to the effort of making sure all twelve of my dudes survived the suicide mission and to have them taken away from me will indeed be a slap in the face.

In particular there are two things I'd like to see:
- How just the anti-social Jack feels about saving the galaxy
- Whether or not Zaeed will succeed in his mission of revenge. Of course, I played through that particular mission with the Paragon route but it did leave the particular plot point unresolved. Sure Zaeed may be DLC but that line "You just cost me twenty years of my life Shepard!" is too potent to be abandoned

No comments:

Post a Comment