Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Narrowing it Down

Still truckin' through Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky.

However, it is now that a major problem with the game rears its head and make's it's presence known.  I hate to say that I have a problem with this game as I've been enjoying it so far but this is a problem that has repercussions that are truly felt (and how!).

The problem is this: A lot of the side-quests have a time limit to have them done - and a very narrow time limit at that. If they aren't completed by a certain point then that's it! You can't go back and beat them at a later point - no, you either have to complete the side-quest within the time-frame the game demands or live with a black mark in your journal.
Naturally, this makes an annoyance for completionists like myself. And such was the case of me when I realised I couldn't fulfill a side-quest so i had to start all over from a certain point - and in my case, lose six hours worth of game time.

Still, I did pay $26.89 AUD dollars for this game so at least I know I'm getting my money's worth....

No comments:

Post a Comment