Wednesday, July 15, 2015

R.I.P. Satoru Iwata

The gaming world has been shock to the core with the recent passing of Nintendo president Satoru Iwata. Whilst there are plenty of other people talking about his life and achievements here on cyberspace I however will offer my own thoughts on the man:

I am still the owner of the Wii. Whilst I used it more for the Virtual Console than the Wii games, I wouldn't have had one if it wasn't for Satoru Iwata. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have discovered, and played, so many games that escaped me the first time around. And for that I thank him.

In addition, credit must be given to Satoru Iwata who was able to run a massive gaming company AND still be passionate about games. I think we can all learn something from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment