Friday, February 17, 2012

For the Alliance!

Whilst WoW is pretty all I've been playing lately it is interesting to note that my Dwarven character hasn't really gotten a lot of mileage. Rithendal has been seeing a lot of action and Beldrath is waiting on some other people to show up but Grimcrag, my Alliance dwarf, hasn't really been doing a lot.

It's no secret that Blizzard has favourites with the Horde - but I'm not sure to make of it. On one hand, I was shown a documentary explaining the creation and designs of both the Draenei and the Blood Elves. And the former was treated no differently than the latter. Judging by the interviews, the people at Blizzard put a lot of thought and effort into the Draenei and certainly showed a lot of passion for their work (as opposed to, say, a guy working for the sake of a paycheck).
But on the other hand, my experiences with using both Horde and Alliance character tell a different story. Wheres the former had fun quests and was easy to level up, the latter had quests weren't as enjoyable and made it a hard slog to achieve higher levels. And in that sense, the contrast couldn't be more jarring.

Indeed, I have made two attempts at the Dwarf starting quests but all I best remember of them both was how often I died. And one of the general rules of gaming is that when it stops being fun then then would be a good time to stop. Hence Grimcrag hasn't been doing a lot lately. And the inaction prompts the question that if nothing is happening when what need does the character have to exist?
I mean I'm still interested to get an Alliance character going but I'm not sure what's going wrong. A new race maybe? But then again, I do like the Warcraft Dwarves so maybe I should try a new class (as opposed to a Paladin/Shaman)? Having said that, I'm sure other WoW players may have gone through multiple classes before finding one that worked best. But in that sense it's a case of finding the right one...

....Not to mention, finding the time to find out for myself.....

1 comment:

  1. Maybe try a Draenei, I think they're pretty interesting and you've seen the behind the scenes stuff on them. Draenei paladins are popular, maybe try that. My Worgan has done some of the Draenei quests in Bloodmyst Isle and they seem pretty fun with cool storylines.

    ReplyDelete