Monday, May 26, 2014

The Cry From Afar

On the weekend I went to a LAN and, for the first time, had a go at the game Far Cry 2.

Didn't get very far though. Because as is often the case with me and first-person shooter deathmatches, I found myself getting shot regularly by people who actually knew what they were doing.
Funnily enough I did approach approach the Call of Duty deathmatch with the same approach and that actually proved enjoyable- perhaps largely that in spite of my inexperience, I actually had a fighting chance. But such a thing I could never find when playing Far Cry 2.

How fitting then that this post should come the same day I find out about a Doom mod called Brutal Doom that enhances the original Doom considerably. Needless to say I'm eager to get a hold of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment