Friday, March 14, 2014

Modding evolution

Just a little something I came across:

Baldurs Gate 2 takes up a size of over 2 gig
Baldurs Gate 1 takes up a size of under 2 gig

I play a heavily modified version of BG2 contained in a folder totaling 9.1 gig

Meaning I play a game where the mods take up more space than the game itself.

It is however not alone:
My System Shock 2 folder totals over 1 gig for a 357 mb game.
My Deus Ex folder totals over 4 gig for a 431 mb game.
My Planescape Torment folder totals over 2 gig for a 1.1 gig game.
My Freespace 2 folder totals over 4 gig for a 1.6 gig game.  

It is interesting to note that all five of these games came from the same era - and all the modding is due to me bringing them into line with a lot of other modern games. Still, if I would rather play these games to the point that I'll seek out anything it make it so, then it says a lot about staying power.

No comments:

Post a Comment