Friday, April 27, 2012

People will see me and die!

Those who've been following my posts on World of Warcraft will note that I've had some trouble with the various classes - in that I'm having trouble trying to stay alive. After trying a few classes, it has become clear that if I keep dying too easily then the class itself ain't worth it.

Therefore, my Blood Elf mage Naesandra has hit level 37 - in that time she, according to her stats, has died 151 times.
By way of comparison, I actually took note of the other Blood Elves when they were at a similar level. Therefore, Rithendal, my Hunter, had died 80 times at level 40 - now at level 64, he's died 108 times.
And Beldrath, my paladin, had died 76 times at level 31 - now at level 50, he's died 115 times.

So what does this mean? Well one would think that if I've had little luck with a mage then I should pack it in. But strangely enough I'm not ready to. As indicated above I've enjoyed success with the Hunter, had mixed success with the paladin and fumbled with the other classes - as well as the mage. Therefore one would think the stupidly high death rate of my mage would be a good enough reason to quit. But for some reason I'm still willing to hang onto Naesandra. Not sure why: Maybe it's because she has a role making glyphs for the guild she's a part of. Maybe it's because she has a sense of history having come from the Alliance. Maybe the fire mage is some fun value in playing (and the polymorph spell will never stop being amusing). Or maybe I'm just sick of starting over again.

But whatever the reason I'm still sticking with Naesandra - sure I tend to lose hp faster than I get them back but hey - with me and RPGs that's nothing new. So in order to stay alive, I've taken up cooking and, more recently, first aid. This has netted me some food and bandages to use and keep my hapless mage alive.
Mind you I'm still not sure how Naesandra can eat so much and still retain her figure...

1 comment:

  1. well are you eating any of that 'conjured' food mages are so fond of? If you are, that might explain the figure, since its pretty much made of nothing...

    ReplyDelete