Monday, November 7, 2011

Oblivion Awaits

Recently I've been having at crack at Oblivion - it's been a long time coming but with Skyrim rumbling down towards us I guess now is as good as time as any.
And so far it seems to be much like every other RPG I've played in that I seem to lose hit-points more quickly than I can get them back >__<

Seriously though, so far things seem to be going well. Sure it's annoying that I keep dying too frequently - mostly after a long gap between saves - but I've been impressed by how well-rendered this world is. So much so I'm far more content to wander around and explore: seeing this place for myself and marking more locations on my map. But of course, doing so means I'm not doing any quests and/or dungeons and subsequently missing the point of the game completely but this is an actual world I want to explore - which is a first compared to other open world games I've played like Red Dead Redemption or any of the Zelda games. I'm not sure, maybe it's quite fun wandering around and exploring... that is until some prick comes along spoiling for a fight and interrupts the mood.

Still this is only the beginning - it's interesting what will come later on....

1 comment:

  1. The Fighters Guild does include some dungeons, which may well get you a taste for obtaining phat loots. Which of course is one of the only ways to get better equipment. Or you could try visiting one of the Daedric shrines, since you do so much exploring - complete a mission for the Daedric Prince/Princess and you will be rewarded with a powerful artefact (one of the best items in the game.)

    ReplyDelete