Monday, June 28, 2010

Additions to the Virtual Console

Some Virtual Console titles I recently added to my ever-growing library.

Adventures of Lolo 2
I downloaded the first one last year and I thoroughly enjoyed the mind-bending puzzles that make up this game (not to mention the irritatingly catchy theme tune). Sure the second may be more of the same but not that I'm complaining.

Ogre Battle 64
More of a curiosity: I know nothing of it apart from it being ace (apparently) so it would interesting to see what it can do.

Street Gangs
Or River City Ransom to those of you on the other side of the Pacific Ocean. I remember in the early nineties beat-em-ups were quite popular in arcades. So seeing this one, with RPG elements and a charmingly cartoonish presentation makes for a different, and indeed entertaining, romp.

Super Star Wars
Whilst movie-tie ins are nowadays looked down upon, this gem stands out, mostly because the amount of creativity and effort the developers put into it. Creative liberties may have been a puzzling move on paper but here it works wonders. There have been many Star Wars games made but this definitely stands tall as one of the best.

Super Empire Strikes Back
And if you're going to download Super Star Wars you may as well download Super Empire Strikes Back as well.

Seems a bit strange that I'm acquiring new titles when I have so many games unfinished but whatever....

No comments:

Post a Comment