Wednesday, May 2, 2018

I Want to Break Free

Progress on FFX:

At time of writing, I am working my way through the 'post-game' phase of the game. I call it 'post-phase' because, in current terms, this would be the point where the narrative's done (more or less) and I have the freedom to do what I want ie, the Monster hunting, unlocking all the Aeons and finding secrets among others.

My play time is at 50 hours.

Deduct the 19 hours of being confined to the demands of the narrative and that's 31 hours.
Well, the gaming time has surpassed the story time - as it should have - but i admit it: The adore-mentioned demands wore me down. I finally have the freedom to do what I want but somehow, it doesn't seem that great.
Did I feel the same way when i originally played this game? Of course not. But now, take away the rose-colored glasses and add in years of experience, and the problems of FFX are more obvious.
And can't be ignored.
Especially when this type of thing has been resolved before and since.

Oh well......

No comments:

Post a Comment