Monday, February 5, 2018

A Walk Through Cyrodril

Recently I had a crack at the PvP portion of ESO. This wasn't something I had planned on when i started playing ESO but I thought i would at least give it a show. Plus the skillset offered on PvP looked quite tempting.
It should be noted that I never tried PvP when I played WoW so I had no idea what to expect (beyond the possibility of being ganged up on by people who knew what they were doing were of a higher level). Still fortune favours the brave....

So what i could gather, Cyrodril is a location wherein the three major factions are in a never-ending cycle of war to claim dominance. This is new to me as someone who has been doing PvE. However there are some quests that can be achieved by a single player so at least there is some degree of familiarity. But ultimately, my experience with Cyrodril is going around the area to be where I need to be. The absence of wayshrines is noticeably absent and reduces traveling as roaming around the area. An area that turns out to be very vacant.  Okay there is the occasional raid but I found that when you die, you are cast back to your starting area and have to start the long and arduous journey back to where you were. if anything i found I spent more time journeying than i did in combat.

Matters aren't helped with the combat being stupidly tough. Granted I may be approaching this as a lower-level character punching above his weight, but there is no fun value whatsoever by being decimated by a higher level character before you have a chance to start.
And then there's the Imperial city: loaded with baddies that I can barely scratch let, alone defeat. As such i found myself going through soul gems at a crazy rate.

Granted this through the perspective of a lower-level character but I think I'll stick to the PvE in future...

No comments:

Post a Comment