Friday, February 7, 2014

Feels like we only go backwards

A rumor is circulating that Sony may enable the PS4 to be backward compatible. This means it will play PS3 games, PS2 games and PS1 games.

Now such a proposition is interesting: Whilst the Xbox has shied away from backwards compatibility, Sony are, once again, capitalizing on  their loss. I've said before that something truly magnificent will have to happen if the fourth console generation wants my attention and the prospect of being able to continue playing all my PS1 and PS2 games has some appeal. The only thing is, there's not really anything that has my attention on the PS3 and PS4. If there is a game worth picking up on the PS3 then chances I most likely already have it on the Xbox 360. And my 360 has already been customized quite heavily with my XBLA profile so giving up on that seems like a really stupid idea

But all of this, of course based on a rumor: It remains, as always, seen as to whether or not anything will come of it. However, for the romantics among us it would be nice to think that someone in Sony is actually paying attention to the needs of it's consumer fanbase.

But I sincerely doubt it

No comments:

Post a Comment