Monday, November 25, 2013

Padding out

Recently I obtained new device for my computer: A Gamepad.

Previously I've never seen the point of gamepads. I'd always thought they were the exclusive of the consoles. Maybe it's me growing up through the nineties but I always saw the consoles as the exclusive of action and sport games whilst PCs the place to go for adventure games, flight simulators and strategy games. And when these two exclusives try to mix, the end results tend to look fake and ill-conceived.

But I do indeed have some games which aren't available anywhere else, mostly off Steam, so there is some use for my Gamepad. And I would be interested to see if Dragon Age and Knights of the Old Republic would work with the Gamepad as it's what I used when I originally played them. Plus the Gamepad may also save my keyboard from a pounding (or significantly less of a pounding).

Mind you, as those who've been following my Ratpr profile would know, I haven't been giving my consoles much attention: These past few months have seen me use my PC exclusively. And purchasing a Gamepad, once a major difference between a console and a PC, one can't help but think that a major link between me and console has been severed. Coupled with my current lack of interest in the eighth console generation, one think my days as a console gamer are numbered...

No comments:

Post a Comment