Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Dragon Age Fail

Unfortunately my attempts to upgrade my Dragon Age games has come out rather badly.

You see I'd thought I'd be clever and buy the physical editions of DAO and DA2, thus bypassing EA and their Origin service. I mean I could've bought DAO on Steam but, as is my understanding, Steam isn't exactly friendly to mods.
So much for that move: DA2 worked fine in installation but I couldn't access the DLC - and the only way to do that of course is using a downloaded edition from Origin. And the DAO installer wouldn't heed the code I typed in - but it did recognise the code IF I'd be so kind and download it from Origin.

There is no words on earth that can describe this situation - although FAIL may be a good place to start. I'd heard bad things said about Origin and now it would seem they weren't kidding...

(please roll on GoG, you DRM-free wonder! All is forgiven!)

No comments:

Post a Comment