Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Face the consequences

I’ve issued a lot of praise for the game Peace Maker. If anything, it’s different to the usual in gaming and to see a political simulator – let alone that actually works – is indeed a rarity. I really can’t emphasis just how tense it becomes with making decisions and waiting to see IF they’d deliver the desired result.

That being said, how come no one has tried to replicate this method of gaming? I don’t know about you but a political simulator – with making decisions, dealing with consequence and trying to keep so many parties placated - is a gaming genre that should be put to work – given the right scenario of course.

So let me say this up front: I want to see a political simulator based on Game of Thrones.

Think about it: That scenario would be perfect for a political simulator and making decisions that may have drastic consequences. I mean, what other game could give you the option of dispatching prostitutes to your nephew to curry favor?

After all, it’s not like the Game of Thrones games currently available could do any worse…

No comments:

Post a Comment