Monday, May 31, 2010

What I've been playing (no.1)

So what I've been playing recently?

Rock Band 2
Sure I made it to the Immortals induction and unlocked the Endless Setlist but this game is far from over: My band Demon Flower is now going back over previous locations to achieve a five star score over places which I may have missed the first time around. And as long as there continue to be opportunities to take advantage of the DLC then I doubt I'll be getting tired of RB2 any time soon.
(Shackler's Revenge is still a bitch though)

Final Fantasy 1
Downloaded to the Virtual Console, this game looks weird, when one is more used to it's dazzling offspring. But, it is interesting to play it from a pioneering perspective: There are some really good ideas at work here and it's interesting to see which ideas have lasted throughout the series in various incarnations.

That and the fact that's a really fun game to play.

Super Mario World
Another gem from the Virtual Console. I remember playing this as a kid and it's still as fun as it ever was - Although some of criteria to access the secret levels are fiendish. "You expect me to do WHAT!?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment