Monday, November 4, 2019

No words left to sing

Recently an announcement was made that Singstar will be shutting down servers this coming January. This means no more DLC and Singstar effectively coming to an end.

This news is currently meaningless to me as I pretty much ditched Sing Star when I jumped ship to the Xbox. Still I did have a number Singstar games back in the day and I found them a lot of fun. It was great to get some friends around on an evening and belt out karaoke.

Still this does represent that gaming as we know it is more or less fad driven. And not much thought is given to the long-term or preservation. I'm not sure that the makers of Singstar would ever guess that people would be playing their games over a decade down the track.

And I doubt they would ever care.

No comments:

Post a Comment