Friday, September 29, 2017

Leagues ahead

Earlier this week, I got talked into having a shot at League of Legends.

This is not unfamiliar territory for me however: I have played the original Defense of the Ancients mod for Warcraft 3, thus giving me a fair idea what to expect and how the game works. I was also aware of the extreme popularity of the game but it didn't bother me too much.

And as it turns out, I had some fun with this game. Sure there were some frustrating moments with both my inability to take out enemy heroes and me constantly getting curb-stomped by said heroes, but once I got the hang of the game there were some moments of gold. I felt the satisfaction of every progressive step towards the enemy base. I relished each moment when everything went in my team's direction. And I felt the satisfaction of a hard-fought victory.
And suddenly the wide popularity of this game makes a whole lotta sense.

I don't see myself becoming regular player of this however: It all hinges on whether my compatriots can find the time to spare. But still, it's always there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment