Friday, November 13, 2015

Modding through a muddle

Alas my saga against Baldur's Gate 2 continues with it STILL refusing to work for me.

For the unfamiliar, here's a quick recap in what's happened thus far:
  • Bought the game in 2007 and then found out I needed a DVD drive
  • Got a DVD drive and found out the Tales of Sword Coast expansion wouldn't work
  • Played BG2 enough for the DVD to develop a huge crack
  • Bought a new copy of the game only for it to fail on me
So I finally did shell out for Baldur's Gate on GoG and proceeded to mod the hell out of it. But a new problem has arisen  with the new GoG game client: Galaxy. Whether it is the mods or not, the games refuse to work within Galaxy! And even when I run the game independently of Galaxy, it still resorts to black screens and crashing!

How fitting then that this post be put on Friday the 13th...

No comments:

Post a Comment