Friday, January 18, 2019

No Tickets to Paradise

During the holiday period, i came across something that made me irate:

Original video located here. Accessed 18th January 2019

Admittedly, Nintendo's lawsuit against various ROM sites (including Emuparadise) is news to me. Somehow, I have not been keeping abreast with the emulation front since I've been playing old games that have been easily accessible (via Virtual Console, Steam, and GoG).

I am however disgusted with this hostility towards emulation. For me, emulation is providing a vital service in preserving old games and making them readily available - even in the face of companies who are doing nothing of the sort and subsequently getting irate and bringing in the lawyers.

Little counter-productive don't cha think?

No doubt this fracas will result in some bad PR for Nintendo. And may make the topic of emulation a greater talking point than previously. So it would be interesting to see what will happen in the aftermath of this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment